Tuesday 1 April 2014

Jeffrey Sincich








Jeffrey Sincich

Mixed media pieces. Uses Ceramics, latex, steel and paint.

I find the work very striking, the figures almost seem alien.  The vibrant cartoonish finish to the work adds a touch of playfulness. Through a collective of pieces the artists creates a colorful story.


  • Each reincarnation of these traditions takes on a new life.
  • The role that the hand plays in keeping tradition alive is a common thread
    in relaying this
    information from generation to generation.
  •  Smaller than life, quilted, ceramic figures and animals, reclaimed wood structures, found objects and projected images.

I enjoyed looking at this work, I have an interest in the figure so I may use this as reference in future work, I think that Hubert may be able to take something from this due to the use of the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment